Oh my YUM! You will not regret making this recipe. This is the perfect recipe for summertime BBQs. Even non vegans/vegetarians will enjoy it. Trust me. I made this for my husband, who's not vegan YET, and he absolutely loved it.
You'll need the recipe for basic gluten which is also here on my blog. Click here for recipe.
2 cups basic gluten Click here for recipe
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt, or less
1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
1 green or yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Place all items into a large bowl and toss to coat in the marinade.
2. Let it marinate for 1hour or more in the refrigerator. No longer than 8 hours.
3. Preheat grill or grill pan on a medium heat. Grill should be between 300-325 F.
4. Thread the gluten and vegetables onto the skewers.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side. It usually takes 10-15 minutes total.
6. Serve hot.