Whether you say it with an Italian accent or butcher it with an American accent, it's not important. What's important is that this gets in your belly!
1 loaf of french bread or baguette
4-6 tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons pesto sauce Click here for my vegan pesto sauce recipe
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
salt to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1. Begin slicing your loaf of bread into pieces. Cutting at a diagonal helps give more space on the bread.
2. Dice tomatoes and add them to a bowl. Add the pesto sauce, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a cast iron skillet, or regular pan if you don't have cast iron, turn heat on medium.
4. Brush on extra olive oil to each side of the slices of bread, or spread vegan butter on each side.
5. Place bread onto warmed skillet and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Once the bread has been toasted, spoon a couple tablespoons of the tomato mixture on top the bread. Serve and eat.
Click here for my Vegan Pesto Sauce