Why You Should Eat Breakfast
These days we all seem to be in a hurry, rushing out the door without much time to spare. Only 25% of adults are taking the time to eat a good healthy breakfast, putting the other 75% at health risks. Does breakfast really matter though? Doesn't it cut out extra calories for the day?
Studies have been showing that skipping breakfast has its problems. Those who skip breakfast are at a 30-40% higher risk of dying, than those who eat breakfast regularly (Breslow study). Skipping breakfast also leads to being overweight, and this is because the calories eaten in the morning are more effectively utilized than those consumed later in the day.
For those who do not have enough time in the morning to make breakfast, wake up earlier and make the time. This recipe only takes me 10 minutes to make in the morning, giving me plenty of time to finish all the necessities for the morning.
So may think that they are reducing their calories in the morning by skipping breakfast, and therefore helping them to lose weight, however, studies show that people who skip breakfast tend to be overweight and are at higher risk of developing diabetes. If you skip breakfast, you tend to eat more snacks and food throughout the day.
Check out the video for a great breakfast video, plus more reasons why breakfast is important for our health.
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup water
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 1/2 Tbsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup berries
1 oz nuts
This recipe contains 450 calories, 12 grams of fiber, and 12 grams of protein!
So make sure you are making breakfast an important part of your day, because your future self will thank you!