Updated: Oct 12, 2020
Okay, okay. Who doesn't love pasta? Especially fettuccine alfredo. So it's time we have a delicious recipe for it, but of course vegan and easy to make.
1 tablespoon water
1/2 medium onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 cups raw cashews
2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used almond milk)
1/4 cup yeast flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
16 oz. fettuccine pasta
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add your fettuccine. Cook as directed on the package of the pasta. Drain and place back in the pot.
2. In a frying pan add the water, onions and garlic and sauce for 5 minutes on a medium high heat.
3. Soak cashews, or rinse off before placing them into a high powered blender. Add the sautéed onion and garlic, unsweetened dairy-free milk, yeast flakes, lemon juice and salt. Blend on high for about 3-5 minutes, or until very smooth.
4. Place the sauce in a pot and bring just to a boil, or until the sauce has thickened. Stir constantly.
5. Pour sauce over noodles and stir together.
6. Serve hot. Enjoy!